Zinedine Zidane has confirmed reports that Danilo is on his way to Manchester City and cooled speculation linking Real Madrid to Monaco starlet Kylian Mbappe.
The Los Blancos boss admitted the loss of the right-back so soon after Alvaro Morata's switch to Chelsea means that his squad could be short on numbers, but feels there is more than enough time to resolve this potential issue.
Danilo's €30 million move brings the number of senior players the La Liga champions have lost so far during the off-season to five, with the Brazilian joining Pepe, Fabio Coentrao, James Rodriguez and Morata in departing the Santiago Bernabeu.
"We are always considering the market," Zidane told reporters at a news conference in the US where the Spanish giants are currently touring.
"Danilo is gone now, Alvaro too. I am not saying we lack a forward. [But] we have one less than last season. But we will see how we manage that. We have to see what we can do.
"The players who have left are very good. And some other young players are coming in. But we always try and improve the squad."
On the topic of his reported interest in Mbappe, 'Zizou' remained diplomatic and gave little indication that there is truth in the rumours.
"There are always debates, but we are here now with 28 players. So that is what I am thinking about. Later anything can happen until the 31st of August," ," the Frenchman said.
"He is a good player, interests many clubs, but for me, at the moment I am thinking about my players for tomorrow's game, and preparing the season.
"Borja [Mayoral] is with us, Cristiano [Ronaldo] will come back, and until Aug. 31 anything can happen."
Despite his side recording a 2-1 comeback win over Leicester City on Saturday, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was upfront about where improvement is needed.
Liverpool may have beaten the 2015/16 Premier League champions to lift the Premier League Asia Trophy, but that does not mean they are adequately prepared for the forthcoming season, says Klopp.
Goals from new signing Mohamed Salah and Philippe Coutinho were enough to see off the Foxes, who opened the scoring on 12 minutes via a goal that the Reds boss feels should have been avoided.
"Two games, two wins so that's, of course, the best thing," Klopp told Sky Sports. "You can see it was difficult again and it was not 100 per cent of our physical ability.
"Players like Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy, they cause you problems so we're a little bit too late in the mind because the legs are tired," he continued.
"I thought we could have defended the first goal seven times already, but in the end, it is a cross and a free header so it's not nice but it's what happens," he said of Islam Slimani's opener.
"We came back and even before the good goal, we were already the dominant side and playing good football so it was all OK."
Asked whether he is concerned over the defensive issues which resulted in the goal, Klopp gave an unambiguous response.
"I liked everything I saw but that [defensive work] is something we need to fix 100 per cent. I know it is pre-season and we can change it but it is something I don't like already so we need to work on it."
While addressing continued speculation over the future of Philippe Coutinho, Jurgen Klopp registered his astonishment over Barca's reportedly impending sale of Neymar.
The Reds manager labelled the Coutinho exit-talk as merely 'rumours' and went on to discuss the Neymar deal that he feels would have a profound and lasting impact on world football.
"There are so many rumours around. Only one of them is the Coutinho rumour," he told the Liverpool Echo.
"If Neymar is not a rumour then pfff... it's more than the next level, it's really not from this planet anymore," he said of the transfer that would see Paris Saint-Germain part with a jaw-dropping €222m to cover the Brazil international's release clause.
"Really? Two hundred and twenty-two million Euros? I can't believe that something like this would happen. But if it does happen then it changes everything actually," the former Dortmund manager added.
Amidst continued silence from both PSG and the player himself over the deal which is reportedly on the verge of being finalised, new Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde has been the only role player to speak out about it.
Following their 2 - 1 win over Juventus on Saturday, Valverde urged the club's board to do what they can to prevent the sale of the player who scored both his side's goals.
"Barcelona will not do without Neymar," he told he told reporters after the match.
"We want him to be with us and we know the impact he has in our game. It's clear."
Matteo Darmian says that he has no intention of leaving Manchester despite struggling to find his feet in the Premier League and reported interest from Juventus.
The former Torino full-back, signed by the Red Devils for €18m in 2015, has been linked with a move back to Italy, with Turin reportedly his likely destination.
In conversation with English publication The Sun, however, the 27-year old made it clear that he enjoys life in Manchester and suggests that what is published about him in the newspapers isn't necessarily worth printing.
“Every time I read something about my future… but [there is] nothing news [wise],” he said.
“I am happy here. I think also it is a part of our work, these kinds of rumours. Like I said before, I am happy here so nothing news [wise].
“I am a Manchester United player – that’s it.”
The Italian also commented on his preferred position, indicating that his versatility in that regard makes him a valuable asset tpo his manager.
“I always say the position doesn't matter to me if I have to play left or right,” he said.
“I work hard to be ready when the manager gives me an opportunity and that's it.
“I try to do my best every time, every game. I try to work hard during the week and that's my philosophy.”
Carlo Ancelotti was left reeling after Bayern Munich's shock 4 - 0 defeat to AC Milan on Saturday, saying that these are not the kind of results that should happen to the German club.
The Italian manager saw the Rossoneri demolish his undercooked Bundesliga champions in a match that could have many German fans somewhat concerned over the upcoming season.
This notion was echoed by Ancelotti, who was upfront in his assessment of his club's pre-season preparations.
“We need more time,” he told reporters after the game.
“We didn’t play well, we all felt that we lacked balance. We’re preparing for the new season and we’re lagging behind. We must continue working and be ready for the start of the season,” the former Milan boss added.
He continued to express his dismay and also referenced the club's previous result, a penalty shootout loss to Arsenal on Wednesday.4
"I am surprised by the result. I am disappointed. We did not have any balance and we did not play well. This should not happen to us.
"The transition game did not work. There is still time to prepare for the season and that is what we need to do. In Shanghai [against Arsenal] we played well for 50 minutes.
"The results are not good. The most important thing is to improve our condition and not have any injuries so we are ready for the Supercup," Ancelotti added.
Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik believes that his road to recovery from an ACL injury has made him a better player and says that Juventus have won 'enough' Serie A titles.
The highly-rated Polish hitman, who missed the bulk of the 2016/17 Serie A season due to the injury, has managed a total of only 17 matches for the Partenopei - four of them as a starter - but this has not diminished his confidence that a successful awaits.
Speaking to La Repubblica, the 23 year old spoke of his frustration at being sidelined but found something positive in the ordeal.
“I missed the pitch a lot, I missed the goals and especially the adrenaline,” he stated. “I didn’t imagine pulling through so strongly. I studied my body over the past few months and something went off in my head.
“It’s true: what doesn’t kill you makes you a stronger man and a better player."
“The season that just ended wasn’t wasted," the former Ajax man continued. "I’m less afraid of the difficulties that lie ahead and I’ll know how to deal with the next one.
“Napoli can compete on all fronts, including the Coppa Italia. The World Cup is a dream, for me, but I’ll think about it later.
“It could be the most beautiful season of my career. I can’t wait to get back on the pitch and among the goals," he added.
Speaking about the competition the Naples club will be facing in their quest for silverware, Milik joked about the perennial Serie A champions' pedigree, saying that he feels it's time for a new champion.
"Juve remain the favourites, they’ve won six Scudetti in a row and for a team, that’s enough!
“Maybe there’ll be room for someone else. Napoli, for example.”
AS Roma have announced the signing of Manchester City defender Aleksandar Kolarov in a deal that will see the player remain at the Stadio Olympico until 2020.
The €5m signing, who has won over 60 caps for Serbia and represented the former Premier League champions in 165 matches over seven years, was described by sporting director Monchi as a player who will have an instant impact at last season's Serie A runners-up.
“Aleksandar is a player with vast experience who can immediately contribute to the team,” Monchi told the official Giallorossi website. “I believe he will help us develop, on and off the pitch.
“I want to thank him for the enthusiasm and willingness he has shown in wanting to come to Roma,” he added.
The 31-year old right-back also expressed his delight over the move, assuring fans that his personal ambition to achieve success remains.
“I am extremely happy to be here,” Kolarov said. “I will give 100 per cent and more for Roma.
“My objective is always the same: to win.”
Jose Mourinho has assured fans that David De Gea will not be joining Real Madrid this season and also rubbished the notion that the La Liga champions would depart with Gareth Bale.
Ahead of the European giants' International Champions Cup encounter on Sunday, the Red Devils manager spoke about their rivals' long-running courtship of the Spain international keeper, saying that no deal is on the horizon and praising the player's forthrightness in the matter.
"I can guarantee that he’s not going this season, that I can," Mourinho told reporters. "And my feeling is that it will be very difficult for him to go. It will be very difficult for him to go because he’s a very honest boy, very straight.
"He gets, like, he was contacted for a long time, the club is closed," he continued. "Then we open because I always have this feeling of when a player has a desire to go I don’t like to stop players to go because in the end, you don’t get from them what you expect if they want to move and they don’t move.
"So we open it and then they decide to close and I don’t think the feeling for him is very, very good. I see him really happy and focused and working better than ever, so for me 100 per cent he stays with us," the former Los Blancos boss added.
He went on to admit that his club would not consider a move for star forward Gareth Bale, whom he believes is happy at the Bernabeu.
"No, because you have contacts, you have feelings, you understand things," he said. "It seems to me that Bale likes Madrid, likes the challenge, likes the situation.
"He’s in a club in a very good situation now. I never felt the desire from him to leave, so why lose time and energy on that?"
Neymar scored twice for Barcelona on Saturday as they beat Juventus 2-1 amid continued speculation that he is on the verge of a big-money move to Paris Saint-Germain.
ESPN reported that a source close to PSG said that Neymar had informed the French club that he wants the move and has already agreed personal terms.
Although the two clubs would still need to agree a transfer fee.
Despite the rumours, the Brazilian played for Barca in the International Champions Cup friendly against Juventus in New Jersey.
And he was in superb form, opening the scoring on 15 minutes after a smart one-two with Paco Alcacer.
Neymar then double Barca’s lead on 25 minutes with an even better goal, dancing through the Juventus defence as he beat several defenders before firing past Gianluigi Buffon in goal .
Neymar was then substituted at half time as Barcelona switched all 11 players.
Juventus pulled a goal back through defender Giorgio Chiellini in the 63rd-minute header, but Barcelona held on comfortably for the win.
After the game, Barca coach Ernesto Valverde said they wanted Neymar to stay.
"Barcelona will not do without Neymar," he told a news conference.
"We want him to be with us and we know the impact he has in our game. It's clear."
Antonio Conte has admitted that he considered quitting Chelsea this summer after the club’s title success left him shattered.
The Chelsea boss said that he needed to know if the Stamford Bridge club was on board with his long-term vision for the club before committing further.
After receiving assurances Conte last week signed an improved two-year deal and has now moved his family to London.
Conte said he was ultimately concerned that without more signings he would be unable to build a dynasty for further success at the club, but that happened and how he is happy to stay.
“My family is very important. It will show my commitment with the club, with this project as I try to build something important,” he said.
“I must be honest, last season was very tough, it was very strong for me and for my family. It wasn’t easy for me because sometimes when you win you think that everything is easy but it wasn’t to win and to have this type of season.
“Now I decided with the club to continue our path. I spoke with the club and we found the right view about the future. For every manager it is important to explain your idea.
“It’s very important that the club understand your idea and are ready to work together, to try together and to have this solid foundation.
“I can want this, but if I’m alone it’s very difficult to do this.
“My desire and the club’s was to continue this work and for this reason I renewed a new contract.
“I repeat, now it’s right to start to work together and it’s very important to know that there is a lot of work to do.
“The most important thing for our club, the players and fans, is that we are building something important. When you work in this way the present is very important but also the future.
“It’s important to be realistic and to understand where I stay now. I have the will to work so hard, to start from here, and to try to arrive there.”